Your Membership Expires on
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The Bible to be the inspired, infallible, divinely preserved Word of God, the supreme and final authority for all faith and life;
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His imminent bodily return in power and glory;
- That man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever can be saved;
- That salvation is the free gift of God in which sinners are justified freely by grace alone through personal faith alone in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ alone, whose substitutionary death on the cross paid the penalty for man's sin;
- That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict mankind, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service;
- In the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that individual doctrinal differences which may exist, outside of the aforementioned should not hinder the unity of Christian Family Educators;
STATEMENT OF FAMILY AND EDUCATION
We believe that the family is the basic governmental, social, and spiritual unit created by God. In it the child learns self-government, social relationships, and develops a relationship to the Creator and Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, according to John 3:5 and 16, Ephesians 6:1, and Colossians 3:20. The family also provides protection from over-extensive government and over-stimulating social involvements.
We understand "family" to mean a male and a female parent, legally married, with one or more children (Genesis 1:26-28), although we recognize the exceptions of a single parent, adopted, foster, and step children (James 1:27).
We reject homosexual marriages or homosexual orientation because it is contrary to Scripture and the intentions of God in creation (Romans 1:18-32), and we believe that such relationships are destructive to children and the very idea of family. Further, we reject transitory, co-habitation relationships as being equally in violation of God's laws and incapable of providing the long-term nurture and instruction needed by children and commanded by God (Proverbs 1:8 and 9, Colossians 3:21, and Ephesians 6:4). In view of this, no homosexual or merely cohabiting "parents" are eligible for membership.
We believe that the ultimate responsibility for the education of children belongs to parents (Deuteronomy 4:9, 6:1-25, and 4:1-4). Thus, we believe this is an inalienable right given by God which the State cannot create, destroy, or alter. Parents may allow another to teach some of the cognitive information that children need to know, but all education must be under the ultimate control and supervision of the parents.
We believe education in the home to be the best form of education, but we recognize that many parents cannot educate at home for valid reasons, and support the right of parents to send their children into other educational environments.
We believe that all education is religious in nature since one's view of the world and life is inevitably involved in teaching (Proverbs 2:1-8 and 3:1-2, with 6:20-23, and Matthew 28:18-20). Every discipline of knowledge, whether it be a subject such as mathematics, science, or history will have as its final reference point a theistic, or, in the alternative, a humanistic view of reality (Colossians 1:15-20 and 2:8-15), and that there is no neutral academic discipline